"the somaliland coast guard is to provide a safe , secure coastline and contribute to words a sustainable maritime environment, by operating 24hours a day along the entire coastline of somaliland to legally enforce somaliland sovereignty ,establish effective maritime domain awareness ,counter maritime crime and ensure the safety ,security and economic wellbeing of somaliland and international maritime communities "
Do you think you have what it takes to save lives, protect the coast of Somaliland or track and apprehend perpetrators of maritime crime such as illegal fishing, pollution, trafficking of humans and contraband? Then you're ready for a job in the Coast Guard.
“Supported by international advice and assistance, and assisted by our dedicated ‘Champions for the Somaliland Coast Guard’ within our Ministries, we are set to embark on an arduous journey that will modernise and transform our current organisation into an agile, responsive Coast Guard, properly organised, commanded, equipped and trained to execute our tasks and responsibilities in a professional manner.
It will be a phased approach, following a series of predetermined and agreed milestones. The first phase is to achieve the qualification Limited ‘Initial Operational Capability’ (IOC) not later than the end of 2016. The next phases, which will be determined by mid-2016, are to build on Limited IOC and further invest in capacities to effectively police and protect our maritime domain. We will develop new concepts that will guide our operational activities in the littoral; we will implement an effective command and control organisation that is linked into the other Somaliland law enforcement structures; and not in the least, we will develop logistic concepts that are geared to sustain our organisation using a combination of indigenous and foreign support until such time we are fully self-sustainable.”
EUCAP Nestor is engaged with the Somaliland Coast Guard since 2013. Its main activities in relation to the Coast Guard are focused on achieving the status of 'Limited Initial Operational Capability' by the end of 2016. This is predominantly done through a process of Mentoring, Teaching and Training; workshops and seminars; and bespoke individual assistance.
The Vision for the Future Somaliland Coast Guard - Booklet
Yusuf Ibrahim Cabdi
cabdi hirsi du,aale)
Head of Personnel
Head of Personnel
Dubad Cilmi Du'aale
Somaliland Coast Weather
the somaliland coast guard is to provide a safe , secure coastline and contribute to words a sustainable maritime environment, by operating 24hours a day along the entire coastline of somaliland to legally enforce somaliland sovereignty ,establish effective maritime domain awareness ,counter maritime crime and ensure the safety ,security and economic wellbeing of somaliland and international maritime communities "
SomalilandCoast Guard Functions
• Maritime Safety, including Vessel Traffic Management
• Maritime Security
• Maritime Customs activities
• The prevention and suppression of Trafficking and Smuggling and connected Maritime Law Enforcement
• Maritime Border Control
• Maritime Surveillance
• Maritime Environmental Protection and Response
• Search and Rescue (SAR)
• Accident and Disaster Response
• Fisheries Control
• Maritime Safety
• Maritime safety is concerned with the protection of life and property through regulation, management and technology development of all forms of waterborne transportation
• Maritime Security
• Maritime security is the concept of maintaining the freedom of the seas unhindered by piracy or other man-made threats
• Maritime Situational Awareness (MSA)
• …the overall understanding of the activities at sea which have an impact on maritime safety and security, border control, maritime pollution and maritime environment, fisheries control, general law enforcement, defence as well as the economic interests of the State
• MSA could be divided into the following components:
• Maritime surveillance picture
• Maritime intelligence
• Maritime resource situation picture
Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA)
• MSA does focus on what is happening at sea
• MDA is focusing on what also is happening in de domain connected to the sea:
– Transport of cargo on land, aiming to be loaded on a ship
• Maritime Zones
head of media and comminication information system
leutrent cabdisalaan mohamed cabas
OBP, United Nations of Drugs and Crime (UNODC), EUCAP Nestor and the Somaliland Coast Guard announced the opening of the Berbera Maritime Operations Center on 26 May 2016. The center, primarily funded by the Taipei Representative Office in the European Union and Belgium, and operated by the Somaliland Coast Guard and part of the OBP Maritime Communications Initiative, will improve the quality and speed ofcommunication - increasing the safety of Somaliland waters for local maritime traffic and will assist in combatting illegal fishing, piracy and other maritime crimes. The Maritime Operations Center in Berbera will be operated by the Somaliland Coast Guard.
The opening ceremony of the Maritime Operations Center in Berbera was attended by representatives of OBP, Somaliland, the United Nations and the European Union.
On Saturday 3 December ESPS Relampago conducted maritime training with members of the Somaliland Coastguard. The training included radar and Search and Rescue (SAR) training.
During the day, Admiral Adbi Hersi from the Somaliland Coastguard was hosted on board ESPS Relampago by the ship’s Commanding Officer.
Collaboration and training between Operation Atalanta and regional naval forces is an important role for Operation Atalanta warships. It is part of the EU’s efforts to help strengthen regional maritime security and developmen
Designed by Saleeban and cabaas